- In the summer of 1974, while vacationing, a young Barack Obama found a cave with a simple rope ladder leading down. From down bellow he could hear the sound of singing. He followed the rope ladder down about 600 feet and suddenly found himself in a room brightly lit by two torches, with a sword in the center. When he lifted the sword, he heard a voice from above, booming down on him, telling him that by picking up the sword, he had accepted the challenge of the pit of 1000 deaths. After fighting his way through the pit, an angel came down and asked him what he most desired in the world. He asked for a pong machine and a case of Dr. Pepper.
- Barack Obama’s favorite hobby is knitting sweaters for horses.
- Hidden from the press, during Obama’s first trip to Iraq in 2009, his plane crashed and he was critically injured. All of his limbs and vital organs were seriously damaged or destroyed and a team of scientists had to work tirelessly to rebuild him from futuristic cybernetic devices. They were able to fix jus about everything except for his ability to love. Barack Obama is more machine than man.
- Barack Obama owns a private ship named the SS Cindy McCain. Yeah. That’s right, he named his ship after John McCain’s wife, just to fuck with him.
- Barack Obama has locked himself in the oval office and is listening to smooth jazz records because he’s really just not into it right now and needs to unwind, man. Just give him a few hours. And you know that thing about quitting smoking? Yeah, fuck it. Not today.
At some point, the idea was to do something suggesting Republican operatives had been distributing a a documentary suggesting that Obama had been in the movie Ghost Dad, like that other thing that happened… But in hindsight, that seems really stupid, and the election’s over anyway. Either way, I still had this dumb little joke, finding some way to connect Obama’s book and that Bill Cosby movie, and I started thinking it would be more interesting to try to use that little kernel of an idea to go in a drastically different direction, and do something with very little to do with anything political, and just make something about human vulnerability. And how terrible Ghost Dad still is, in case you forgot. And also that I’m really bad at drawing Bill Cosby.